NEW YORK (DNA) -Riyad al-Malki, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Emigrants, unanimously and voted in favor of 7 resolutions of Palestine in the Fourth Committee of the General Assembly, and considered it a clear indication of the position of the international community on the resolutions on Palestine in the General Assembly and consistent with international law, and the rights of the Palestinian people and refugees.
- UNRWA operations, 167 against, 5 abstentions;
- Assistance to Palestine refugees, voted in favor of 170 against 2, with 7 abstentions;
- Decision of the proceeds of property of Palestine refugees, voted in favor of 162 and against 6, with 9 abstentions;
4.Palestinians displaced as a result of the attacks of June 1967, voted in favor of 162 and against 6, with 9 abstentions.
- The resolution of Israeli settlements in the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including East Jerusalem, voted in favor of 156, against 6, with 15 abstentions;
- Israeli practices on the rights of the Palestinian people in the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including East Jerusalem, with 154 votes in favor, 8 against and 14 abstentions.
- The work of the Special Committee to Investigate Israeli Practices and Their Impact on the Rights of the Palestinian People, 82 votes in favor, 11 against and 78 abstentions.
Maliki stressed the importance of preserving these resolutions and working to implement them in a way that contributes to the preservation of the rights of our people until the achievement of national independence and end the occupation and achieve the inalienable rights, especially the right of our people to self-determination and the right of return for refugees to return to their homes under resolution 194, and maintain UNRWA until the return.
He thanked the Foreign Minister d. Riyad al-Malki states that voted in favor of these resolutions, and praised the brotherly and friendly countries that worked with us to adopt these resolutions before the Fourth Committee, and called on countries that voted against the resolutions to stand and think and consider towards the international consensus and considered, because standing against the consensus and international law and the rights of peoples, is Self-esteem and the history of their people and reputation and lifted.
He also referred to the decision of the Palestinian people over their natural resources, which was adopted in the Second Committee of the General Assembly, which was first adopted by the State of Palestine on behalf of the Group of 77 and China as Chairman of the Group. It was adopted unanimously, with 156 votes in favor, 6 against and 14 abstentions. .
In conclusion, al-Maliki stressed that the Palestinian diplomacy will do everything in its power to preserve the rights of our people, supported by the decisions of the political leadership, headed by President Mahmoud Abbas, in addition to the preservation of the multilateral international system, based on international law.=DNA