ISLAMABAD: NCOC session was held on 19th May under chairmanship of Mr Asad Umar and Co-chaired by Lt General Hamood uz Zaman Khan. SAPM Health, Sindh Health Minister and Chief Secretaries of all Federating Units attended the session via video link. A detailed review of disease prevalence in country and corresponding NPIs was taken. Following important decisions regarding NPIs were taken after extensive deliberations:
Sectors Opening from 24th May 21:
1. Outdoor Restaurants will be opened daily till 23:59 hours. Takeaways allowed 24/7.
2. Opening of Tourism sector under Stringent COVID Protocols. Separate instructions on protocols being issued to all federating units.
3. Opening of education institutes in districts with less than 5% positivity (Staggered opening)
Sectors opening from 1st June 21 (Subject to review on 27th May)
1. Out door marriage ceremonies with max 150 Individuals will be allowed.
2. Staggered Opening of education sector from 7th June (other than those opened from 24th May)
Closures of following to continue till further Review:
3. Indoor Dining
4. Indoor Gyms
5. Amusement Parks (however, walking / jogging tracks will remain open with strict adherence of
6. Complete ban on contact sports, festivals, cultural and other events
7. Ban on all types of indoor / outdoor gatherings (cultural, musical / religious / miscellaneous
8. Ban on inter Provincial Public Transport for two closed days (Sat / Sun) wef 22 May 21
1. Compliance to compulsory mask wearing while incorporating innovative measures for enforcement
2. Implementation of broader lockdowns with stringent enforcement protocols based on risk assessment
3. Continuation of current In-bound and Land Border policy till further orders
4. Gadani and Misri Shah Industry will be re-opened from 20 May 21
5. Elective Surgeries will be reopened from 1st June
6. All SSC / HSSC exams will be held after 20 June 21. Whereas, conduct of all professional / Non-
Professional exams will take place on case-to-case basis as recommended by Ministry of Education.
Sectors Already allowed on 17TH May:
1. Resumption of normal Office Working Hours with 50% strength (50% Work from Home)
2. Resumption of Market activities with closure by 08:00 pm (less essential services including export
3. Public transport with 50% Capacity
4. Railways to operate with 70% occupancy
5. 2 x days as closed days during a week
Detailed Review of NPIs will be carried out on 27th May and 7th June 21 respectively. A critical monitoring of Disease prevalence and Critical Health Care System is being carried out on daily basis, and necessary steps will be taken accordingly, whenever deem appropriate to control the disease spread.