ISLAMABAD, APR 19 (DNA) – An online meeting was held between the Center for Global & Strategic Studies (CGSS), University of Sialkot, Area Study Center (Russia, China, and Central Asia), University of Peshawar, and University of the Punjab, Lahore.
During the meeting, the modalities of the Eurasian Industrial Research Center (EIRC) were discussed. The EIRC is being jointly established by the Center for Global & Strategic Studies, University of Sialkot, Area Study Center (Russia, China, and Central Asia), and University of the Punjab, Lahore.
Furthermore, the meeting aimed at finalizing the domains in which the EIRC will be working which include Academic and Socio-Economic areas. EIRC has been established to act as a platform that will provide long-term opportunities for Pakistan to enhance connectivity with Eurasian countries focusing on sustainable goal development, human capacity development, prospects of enhancing business, trade, and investment.
Additionally, the EIRC will be working actively to develop and strengthen linkages between academia and industries to produce work that will be in line with the modern requirements. Realizing the need to penetrate regional chambers, intra-regional chambers will also be established to facilitate connectivity between various chambers present in Pakistan and regional chambers.
Moreover, during the meeting, it was also decided that EIRC will act as a policy-influencing platform and facilitate the formulation of effective policies which will eventually contribute to developing better connectivity between Pakistan and Eurasia.
The online meeting was attended by the following:
· Dr. Nadeem Ahmed Chaudhary, Pro-Vice-Chancellor, University of Sialkot
· Mr. Khalid Taimur Akram, Executive Director, CGSS
· Prof. Dr. Shabbir Ahmed, Director, Area Study Center (Russia, China, and Central Asia), University of Peshawar
· Brig Mansoor Saeed (Retd), Senior Member Advisory Board, CGSS
· Dr. FoziaHadi Ali, Director, Regional Integration Center, University of the Punjab, Lahore
· Mr. Tariq Khattak, Member Board of Experts, CGSS
· Mr. Hamza Jan, Lecturer Economics and Coordinator for international Rankings, QEC,University of Sialkot
· Prof. Dr. Navid Jamil Malik, Director, Faculty of Engineering and Architecture, University of Sialkot
· Dr. Zeeshan Anwar, Head, Department of Business Administration, FMAS
· Mr. Faisal Waheed, Director, Faculty of Fashion and Textile Design, University of Sialkot
· Mr. Arshad Jameel Sandal, Sitting Chairman, Pakistan Sports Goods Manufacturers and Exporters Association, Sialkot
· Mr. Muhammad Ali Sheikh, Former Vice President FPCCI
· Mr. Inaam Afzal Khan, former Vice President and Chairman FCCI Standing Committee on Information Technology
· Dr. Hassan Waseem, Director Academics, University of Sialkot
· Ms. Palwasha Nawaz, Project Executive, CGSS.=DNA