ISLAMABAD, Mar 4 (DNA): A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signing ceremony was held between Center for Global & Strategic Studies (CGSS), Islamabad and University of the Punjab, Lahore at Lahore. The MoU signing ceremony was followed by lunch.Both the institutions agreed to facilitate cooperation in the areas of mutual interest.It was decided that CGSS and University of the Punjab will work together to promote joint research projects on agreed fields for developing a sound cooperation in the future. Furthermore, both the institutions will work and explore opportunities to involve the academia in the multilateral fields.
Prof. Dr. Niaz Ahmad Akhtar (S.I.) – Vice-Chancellor, University of the Punjab, Lahore and Major General Hafiz Masroor Ahmed, (Retd) – Vice President CGSS signed the MoU on behalf of their respective organizations.
A total number of 150 students, faculty members and Deans of University of the Punjab attended the event.
Senior leadership of CGSS was also present during the occasion including:
- Lieutenant General Khalid Maqbool, (Retd) – Former Governor of the Punjab and Member Advisory Board CGSS
- Brigadier Mansoor Saeed SI(M), (Retd) – Member Advisory Board CGSS
- Mr. Ghulam Akbar – Editor-in-Chief, National Herald Tribune and Member Advisory Board CGSS
- Lieutenant Colonel Khalid Taimur Akram (Retd) –ExecutiveDirector CGSS
- Ms. Mehreen Gul –Director CGSS
- Ms. Laraib Hassan – Digital Media Executive CGSS
- Ms. Palwasha Nawaz – PR & Communication Executive CGSS.=DNA