ISLAMABAD (DNA) – Pakistan Foreign Office (FO) on Saturday released a list of Pakistanis who are missing since yesterday’s terror attack on Al Noor and Linwood mosques in the Christchurch city of New Zealand.FO spokesperson Dr Mohammad Faisal took to Twitter and listed the names of nine Pakistani citizens missing after the horrific attacks in which 49 people were killed mercilessly.
The list includes:
• Zeeshan Raza
• Father of Zeeshan Raza
• Mother of Zeeshan Raza
• Haroon Mahmood, son of Shahid Mehmood, mother’s name Sabiha Mahmood. Resident of Rawalpindi. Age: 40 years.
• Sohail Shahid s/o Muhammad Shabbir. Born 6/01/1983. Age: 40 years
• Syed Areeb Ahmed, s/o Ayaz Ahmed, m/n Tanzeem Fatima, r/o Karachi. Born 12-10-1992. Age 26 years.
• Syed Jahanand Ali. Born 24/01/1985. Age: 34 years
• Talha Naeem, m/n Shandana, r/o Abbottabad. Born 16/7/1997. Age 22 years.
• Naeem Rashid, s/o Abdul Rashid, r/o Abbottabad.
“Our Mission in New Zealand is trying to ascertain further details,” he added.
Two Pakistanis were among those killed in the deadly attacks. Naeem Rashid, who attempted to stop the white terrorist who opened fire at the Al Noor mosque, succumbed to his injuries late Friday night. He hailed from Abbottabad, sources said.
Rashid’s son, Talha Naeem, was among those who died in the Al Noor Mosque mass shooting. Earlier, the FO had informed that four Pakistanis were injured, while five were missing after the terrorist attack.